Volk has a business development sales position available for a person who possesses the unique qualities necessary to meet the qualifications of a challenging and rewarding opportunity.
Do you live to compete? Can you look in the face of rejection and failure and become even more committed? Have you always been determined to win no matter what the challenge? Does the desire to succeed burn inside of you? These are the qualities Volk is looking for.
The New Business Development Associate will focus on new customer development either within the automotive or non-automotive sectors depending on their background. He/she will elevate the organization by creating relationships with decision-makers at key target customers and parlaying successes across the width of his/her book of business. This person will focus on new business development by qualifying target customer opportunities, initiating the sales cycle and identifying matches between our product/service strengths compared to customer needs.
The successful candidate will be able to secure significant new sales from assigned accounts currently registering low-to-no annual sales. This is a true ‘HUNTER’ opportunity for an engaged and enthusiastic individual. ‘Farmers’ need not apply!
The New Business Development Associate will report to the VP/GM. This position is commission-based with an initial guaranteed monthly draw but no ceiling for the successful individual.
- Adhere to company policies, processes and procedures
- Work with Sales Director to identify and qualify new business development targets
- Identify contacts within NBD targets and initiate business relationships.
- Parlay projects from other key account managers and from within the created book of business (department-to-department, plant-to-plant)
- Identify opportunities for competitive conquest.
- Work with Operations and Sales Directors to assign priority to internal projects
- Respond to and rectify all customer concerns
- Enlist support of Product Specialist as needed in any aspects of the sales cycle, particularly to show additional value to the customer
- Share best practice with other Outside Salespersons and Key Account Managers
- Maintain activity logs as directed
- Develop and maintain monthly and annual business plans and forecasts
- Prepare reports of progress on large-scale sales initiatives using account metrics
Desired Skills and Experience
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Quantifiable and significant success in ‘hunting’ sales / new business development roles
- Automotive OEM (Ford-preferred) and/or Tier I/II Strong / non-automotive quantifiable NBD success
- Demonstrated skills and success in building sales from the ground-level
- Experience at both the plant and corporate levels
- Excellent and candid communication and negotiation skills - both oral and written.
- Well organized / formal with their sales process/approach
Email your resume to:
Mail your resume to:
Volk Corporation: NBD Sales Opportunity
23936 Industrial Park Drive
Farmington Hills, MI 48335